Please check back regularly for updates, or submit resumes, headshots, and portfolios to Auditions@EnlightenedTheatrics.org.
Enlightened Theatrics 2019 Season
Invited Callback: TBA
Rehearsals: September 3rd through October 3rd
Tech Rehearsals: October 4th through October 10th
Preview Performances: October 9th and 10th
Performances: October 11th through November 3rd
“In this cult classic, sweethearts Brad and Janet, stuck with a flat tire during a storm, discover the eerie mansion of Dr. Frank-N-Furter, a transvestite scientist. As their innocence is lost, Brad and Janet meet a houseful of wild characters, including a rocking biker and a creepy butler. Through elaborate dances and rock songs, Frank-N-Furter unveils his latest creation: a muscular man named 'Rocky.'”
Narrator: Guides us through the show in a dry, British-humor-inspired manner. A unique speaking voice is required, must have a strong presence.
Age: 30 to 64. Male or Female. Ethnicities: All. Vocal Range: Mostly Non-Singing.
Brad Majors: A handsome and wholesome young man, must be able to play stilted innocence and fragility.
Age: 20 to 30. Male. Ethnicities: All. Vocal Range: Tenor, High G.
Janet Weiss: A youthful, pretty and wholesome young woman. She is coy and shy at first then becomes sexy and outlandish.
Age: 20 to 30. Female. Ethnicities: All. Vocal Range: Mezzo with belt, occasional High F.
Riff Raff: An eccentric butler of Dr. Frank ‘N’ Furter. Must be able to sufficiently “screlt” “The Time Warp.”
Age: 20 to 50. Male. Ethnicities: All. Vocal Range: Strong rock tenor, High B.
Magenta: A very strange servant of Dr. Frank ‘N’ Furter, possibly has Eastern-European accent, an exotic beauty, she exudes sex, also appears as “Trixie - The Usherette” and sings “Science Fiction Double Feature.”
Age: 20 to 40. Female. Ethnicities: All. Vocal Range: Husky rock mezzo/alto, Low B to High E Flat.
Rocky: The result of one of the Frank’s experiments, he is muscular and epitomizes the image of “the perfect man.”
Age: 20 to 30. Male. Ethnicities: All. Vocal Range: Rock baritone/tenor, High A.
Columbia: One of Dr. Frank ‘N’ Furter’s groupies, strong character actor, cute and bubbly with a rough, rocker side. Tapping is a plus.
Age: 20 to 30. Female. Ethnicities: All. Vocal range: Mezzo/high tenor, strong belt.
Eddie/Dr. Everett Scott: Eddie is a freeze-dried delivery guy who rocks. Dr. Scott is a scientist, high school tutor of Brad and Janet, in a wheelchair. Strong character actor with amazing comedic timing, any physical type, German accent.
Age: 20 to 45. Male. Ethnicities: All. Vocal range: Rock tenor, High F Sharp.
Transylvanians/Phantoms: They appear for rocking back-ups and dance sequences. Singers/actors of various body types and all vocal ranges, but must be able to dance. These characters are involved in audience interaction.
Age: 18 to 64. Male and Female. Ethnicities: All. Vocal range: All.
Invited Callback: TBA
Rehearsals: October 28th through November 21st
Tech Rehearsals: November 16th through November 21st
Preview Performance: November 27th
Performances: November 29th through December 22nd
“'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse." But wait! A mouse is stirring - because Santa missed his house last year. Before you can say "Merry Christmas!", we're off on the wild adventures of a mouse, an elf, and a spunky little girl who just won't take no for an answer. Don't miss this joyful tribute to the holiday season!”
A note about ages: the ages provided are the ages of the characters themselves and may not necessarily reflect the ages of those cast. For example, teenagers and young adults (approximately 16 to 25) will be considered for Emily and Amos.:
Emily: A little girl with a zest for living! She is passionate, playful, and full of energy.
Age: 10 to 15. Female. Ethnicities: All.
Amos/Amos of Kansas: Emily’s best friend; a mouse who does his best to compose his nervous nature with a brave demeanor, but often falls short. Doubled with Amos of Kansas.
Amos of Kansas is the Western twin of Amos. He is confident and very relaxed, a counterpart to his brother.
Age: 10 to 15. Male. Ethnicities: All. Doubled Role.
Uncle Brierly/Sir Guy of Gisbourne: An old-fashioned man with a hearty laugh and a charming smile. Brierly has the best of intentions but can be a bit rigid.
Sir Guy of Gisbourne is a selfish ex-elf who is too wicked for the North Pole to handle. “The fallen Angel”.
Age: 50 to 60. Male. Ethnicities: All. Doubled Role.
Calliope/Britannia Sneed: An elf who is determined to save Christmas! She is kind, but firm, and a bit of a know it all (but in an endearing way).
Britannia is a wacky friend of Uncle Brierly’s. Married to Wendell Sneed. Experimentation with different dialects encouraged.
Age: 20 to 30. Female. Ethnicities: All. Doubled Role.
Mulch/Wendell Sneed/Santa Claus:The side-kick to Sir Guy of Gisbourne. He is clueless and dorky.
Wendell Sneed is wacky friend of Uncle Brierly’s. Experimentation with different dialects encouraged.
Santa Claus, the embodiment of the Christmas spirit. Age: 20 to 40. Male. Ethnicities: All. Tripled Role.
Enlightened Theatrics is always on the lookout for passionate creative and technical team members. Fill out and submit the form below to be considered for future openings.
Box Office Associate
Summary: Under the supervision of the Box Office Manager, the Box Office Associate will assist in a variety of tasks associated with operations and activities. In addition to performing day-to-day box office operations, the position assists the Box Office Manager to provide quality customer service and experiences for patrons, program participants and artists that visit Enlightened Theatrics over the course of the season.
- Maintains high standards of customer service and professionalism when dealing with all patrons and staff.
- Has knowledge of Enlightened Theatrics’ ticketing policies and maintains an enthusiastic and positive rapport with patrons by providing assistance and information with respect and friendliness.
- Communicates with Enlightened Theatrics’ technical, marketing and box office team to coordinate front-of-house activities with production related needs.
- Is knowledgeable about all Enlightened Theatrics performances, education programs, activities and leased events in order to competently discuss with patrons.
- Assists in event coordination for show preparation.
- Assists with editing and production of print materials related to season subscriptions, performances and community engagement.
- Maintains end of day balance and close outs for ticket sales.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Friendly, versatile and outgoing personality.
- College level courses in performing arts and general knowledge of live theater is preferred.
- Twelve (12) months paid volunteer or intern-related experience in a performing arts setting is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and create a rapport with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government and other external sources in an articulate and persuasive manner telephonically and in-person.
- Applicants must be willing to work weekends and evening hours.
Box Office Hours: Year-round, Wednesday- Friday 12:00am-6:00pm. During productions additionally Wednesday- Saturday 6:00pm- 10:30pm, and Sundays 1:00-6:00pm.
Salary: $11.25- $13.00 per hour